[Clfs-dev] Is CLFS still alive?

Frans de Boer frans at fransdb.nl
Fri Dec 28 00:51:53 PST 2018

Dear Reader,

After many years on the LFS en BLFS lists, having used their insight to
build my own systems and learned from it, it is time to move on. So,
CLFS was the next route since I have plans to use other hardware too.

I found out , however, that CLFS is not that vibrant. At least looking
at the site where mid-2017 is the last time with any significant
development. Of course I have looked elsewhere to see how to build a
cross-compiler in the first place and then continue with following the
CLFS route. Alas until now to no avail. Many projects, but all are old
or based upon old projects and do not work properly with current gcc tools.

So, I keep searching for proper and most of all clear, explanations when
to use which switches on gcc. Also hoping that CLFS will be updated.

Although that might be wishful thinking looking at the state of the CLFS
site it self.
So, any plans to revive the site and project itself?

Regards, Frans.