[Clfs-dev] CLFS 3.0, gcc 4.8.3 configure/build targeting alpha dec does not fully respect --prefix - or is it something else?

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Oct 9 14:10:58 PDT 2015

> On Oct 9, 2015, at 05:38, Dennis Luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> I want to add alpha dec support to the current stable Cross Linux From Scratch (CLFS clfs.org) 3.0 (which uses gcc 4.8.3 as source base)
> CLFS 3.0 currently only supports x86/mips/sparc/arm/powerpc.
> Using a ready-for-use-cross-development-toolkit is not an option for being CLFS conform.

Hello,

http://www.clfs.org/view/CLFS-2.0.0/alpha/

The last release before Alpha was removed. Seems there is still someone wanting run those dinosaurs. Seems like you will encounter plenty of issues. None of our developers have an Alpha machine anymore. If they do, it is an anchor. I think Justin was the last one to have an Alpha machine.

Sincerely,

William Harrington.