[Clfs-dev] [Clfs-support] Systemd branch and main book

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jan 6 11:02:18 PST 2014

On Jan 6, 2014, at 12:36 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

>> I wouldn't mind creating a sysvinit branch and removing the systemd
>> branch.
> surely the other wahy round
  note that newer versions of util linux and procps ng include most of
the tools sysvinit provide

The book will be using procps-ng.
systemd provides init related files -> reboot, init, poweroff,
shutdown, halt, etc
  util-linux provides mesg, last and maybe one more
procps-ng provides pidof

This leaves fstab-decode and bootlogd for whatever use they are.

>> I also, wouldn't mind maintaining a book for sysvinit and systemd.
> hmm
>>
>> I also realize that once we implement the simp branch into the main
>> book, we could effectively have one branch and if sysvinit build
>> the sysvinit book, if systemd, build the systemd book. It's a ways
>> to go, but what is the community input about systemd as the main
>> book?
>>
> what's the simp branch?
http://lists.cross-lfs.org/pipermail/clfs-dev-cross-lfs.org/2010-May/000795.html

There is also a trac ticket.