[Clfs-dev] Current CLFS 3.0.0 State

Eric Herman eric at freesa.org
Sun Aug 31 11:48:24 PDT 2014

Hello William,

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

On 08/31/2014 03:51 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2014, at 5:51 AM, Eric Herman wrote:
>

>> I found a very small thing this morning building a 32-bit user-space
>> with a 64-bit capable CPU.
>>
>> The note in "5.7.1. Installation of GMP" is not repeated in 10.10.1.
>> Installation of GMP, but I believe it should be.

> The note probably shouldn't be repeated.

Well, initially, that's what I had thought, also.
Yet, that was not what I found.

> When in ch10, the target system
> is already booted or chrooted with the CLFS system.

   (in my case, chrooted)

> I've not had any
> issues at all when I build with a 64 bit host for a 32bit target and
> ch10. Can you explain why the note should be needed in Ch10?

I did not retain enough logging to be of use here, so I guess I will
start again and attempt to retain all the logs.

My schedule is rather busy, so it may not be next weekend, but I would
like to actually understand what is going on, so it might be a couple of
weekends from now.

Cheers,
  -eric

--