[Clfs-dev] Current CLFS 3.0.0 State

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Aug 31 06:51:32 PDT 2014

On Aug 31, 2014, at 5:51 AM, Eric Herman wrote:

> On 08/30/2014 02:10 AM, William Harrington wrote:
>
>> So far not much going on with RC1. Are we ready for an RC2 or does
>> the
>> community think we can push out 3.0.0 this month?
>
> I found a very small thing this morning building a 32-bit user-space
> with a 64-bit capable CPU.
>
> The note in "5.7.1. Installation of GMP" is not repeated in 10.10.1.
> Installation of GMP, but I believe it should be.
>
> Still, nothing that I think should derail a release.
>
> Cheers,
> -eric

The note probably shouldn't be repeated. When in ch10, the target
system is already booted or chrooted with the CLFS system. I've not
had any issues at all when I build with a 64 bit host for a 32bit
target and ch10. Can you explain why the note should be needed in
Ch10? It doesn't need to be repeated in ch6 either. Also, since GMP
6.0.0 I suspect we need to see if it acts the same and sets options
based on the host it is running with. We may not even need that note
anymore. Ch5 probably isn't even the right place for that note. Ch6
seems to be the more reasonable place for the note if it is still
required as the tools will be running on the target system.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington