[Clfs-dev] Latest git build Pure 64 systemd bison and flex

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 4 23:36:45 PDT 2014

On 05/04/14 06:27, William Harrington wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2014, at 5:30 PM, Martin Ward wrote:
>
>> I couldn't find a way of letting binutils build without finding flex
>> and bison other than renaming the binaries. I've just finished the
>> cross compile stage  with flex and bison removed from the cross
>> compile stage, so far so good.
>>
>> Obviously they should remain in the final stage but it seems better
>> to build flex before bison as this removes the need to pass
>
> Chris and I are looking into this. Here are my findings:
>
> The host does not need bison or flex (Bison host system requirement at
> the moment)
yes

> Temp system does not need bison or flex.

yes
> Keeping flex and bison before binutils in final-system is fine.

rebuilt the system again, still can't see how ar links to flex whether
dynamically or statically, nothing in the toolchain requires bison or
flex, built up to final system gcc with no errors
> Another issue we have is that bison and flex are hardcoding m4 binary
> to /tools/bin/m4.  We may have discussed this last year, M4=m4 during
> configure of bison and flex will fix that problem.

yes i agree on that, we did discuss that last year
> strings /usr/bin/flex /usr/bin/flex++ /usr/bin/bison | grep tools\/bin
> /tools/bin/m4
> /tools/bin/m4
> /tools/bin/m4

if you build them after m4 it doesn't need it
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

cheers

Martin