[Clfs-dev] Latest git build Pure 64 systemd bison and flex

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Apr 4 22:27:41 PDT 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 5:30 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> I couldn't find a way of letting binutils build without finding flex
> and bison other than renaming the binaries. I've just finished the
> cross compile stage  with flex and bison removed from the cross
> compile stage, so far so good.
>
> Obviously they should remain in the final stage but it seems better
> to build flex before bison as this removes the need to pass

Chris and I are looking into this. Here are my findings:

The host does not need bison or flex (Bison host system requirement at
the moment)

Temp system does not need bison or flex.

Keeping flex and bison before binutils in final-system is fine.

Another issue we have is that bison and flex are hardcoding m4 binary
to /tools/bin/m4.  We may have discussed this last year, M4=m4 during
configure of bison and flex will fix that problem.

strings /usr/bin/flex /usr/bin/flex++ /usr/bin/bison  | grep tools\/bin
/tools/bin/m4
/tools/bin/m4
/tools/bin/m4