[Clfs-dev] Tidying the Dependencies

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 10 12:01:57 PDT 2013

On 10/09/13 18:57, William Harrington wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've been trying to tidy up the Appendices starting with Rationale and
> Dependencies.
>
> If someone would like to take their eyes and look at it, I'm sure it
> needs updated. I've updated some for now. But I could use some more
> eyes to find out the actual deps and all. And when the package must be
> installed before and all that.  Would be a great help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

Autoconf

Autoconf is a package of M4 macros that produce shell scripts to
configure software packages. The scripts adapt the package to make use
of features built into the system. Once built , the scripts can be run
independently of the build tools.

Automake

Automake is a system of templates which in conjunction with Autoconf can
be used to produce make files for use in building software packages

Bash

Bash is the Bourne Again Shell, a shell or command interpreter is the
primary means of entering commands to be executed by the system using a
textual interface.

Binutils

Binutils is a set of programs used to manipulate object files. Object
files can be combined together to form libraries of code or converted
into standalone programs to run on the machine.

Bison

Bison is a parser, which is basically a tool to separate and analyse
text according to a set of specified rules.

CLooG-ISL

Cloog-ISl is a set of programs that can be used to aid in the
optimisation of compiling software, specifically loop optimisation using
the ISL library

Something along those lines or do you want more detail

Martin