[Clfs-dev] Automake and Texinfo

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Tue Sep 24 13:45:24 PDT 2013

Greetings,

We are almost at release and we've been delaying automake and texinfo.

Is it best to wait till future release before updating these. At this
point in time, if upgrading those requires extra patches or additional
commands, and the current versions work fine for future versions of
other packages, we may want to delay the update.

input is greatly appreciated.

We are at Automake 1.12.4 and current is 1.14 (issues arose when
automake was at 1.13)

We are at Texinfo 4.13 and current is 5.1 (some issues arose with the
5.x release)

If anyone desires, they can give a list of packages which have issues
when using hosts and when using temp tools and building for the final
system when using Texinfo 5.1 and Automake 1.14. That would give a
better view of what the current situation is with those two packages
and our current build system.