[Clfs-dev] Udated Packages and a package freeze in a week or so

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Sep 22 13:23:13 PDT 2013

Greetings,

Okay we have these on the chopping block:

dhcpcd 6.1.0

eudev 1.3

man-pages 3.54

tcl 8.6.1

tzdata 2013e

Does anyone have any in put on the above for any outstanding issues
that may need to be looked at when updating the current GIT book with
the packages?

Also, there will be another checkout of the latest revision of eglibc,
and another gcc 4.8.1 branch update, and a vim 7.4 branch update, and
a bash branch update if there are any new patches for bash. Also,
we'll probably jump to the latest linux 3.10 release. 3.10.12 as of now.

Does anyone know if gcc 4.8.2 will be released before our October 15
deadline for CLFS 2.1.0 release?

Also, there is a problem with Bison 3.0 and the 24th test suite with
constructs. It's already been addressed at bison-bugs:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bison/2013-09/msg00008.html

I've had it hit me while testing our current git ppc64 pure64 build.
I haven't had it occur with x86 or x86_64 pure64