[Clfs-dev] grub-2.0 on x86_64-64

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Oct 19 15:50:21 PDT 2013

On Oct 19, 2013, at 12:53 PM, Maurice Kinal wrote:

> I am now not 100% positive which, if not all of the switches are
> critical.  After some checking it appears to be stubs.h that is the
> culprit.  If I *don't* do this; mv -v /usr/include/gnu/stubs{-64,}.h,
> when building glibc-2.18 on the x86_64-64 then grub builds fine as
> stated in the book.  I refer to;
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/view/svn/x86_64-64/final-system/eglibc.html
>
> I am going to do some more experimenting but it seems to me that not
> overwriting stubs.h might be the better solution.

I've never seen grub fail without modification since 1.98 as in this
ticket here:  http://trac.cross-lfs.org/wiki/mirrors#BecomeaMirror

My pure64 x86 builds haven't ever errored on grub 2.00 either. Not
sure what the problem is.

For a pure64 bit system there should only be stubs.h and it should be
from stubs-64.h  It's been like that for a very long time now. There
used to be issues with grub, but that has been fixed for a long time
now.

Is there something else you are doing different that we don't know
about?

Grub builds fine even when adding --platform=efi  which will install
for x86_64-efi

If you add --target=x86_64, same thing.
If you add --target=i386 for i386-efi, same thing.

Not sure what the problem is.

I don't get a build error.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington