[Clfs-dev] Hello again!

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 8 15:49:27 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 02:19:21PM -0500, William Harrington wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2013, at 7:48 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >But a few months ago I managed to build a recent firefox, and to
> >get a 3.10 kernel which would stay up (the ppc64 defconfig didn't,
> >turned out to be the HighRes timers, I think).
>
> By the way, when you build your kernel, are you using rtc-generic?
>
> Whenever I build my kernel for G5, I get boot errors about not able
> to use a clock source to set the clock. I noticed my powerbook G4 is
> using rtc-generic when in debian/jessie. Can you confirm which rtc
> driver is being used for your system?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

 Looks as if I am:
~ $zgrep RTC /proc/config.gz | grep -v '^#'
CONFIG_RTC_LIB=y
CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS=y
CONFIG_RTC_SYSTOHC=y
CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS_DEVICE="rtc0"
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_PROC=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV_UIE_EMUL=y
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_GENERIC=y

 I guess I picked that up from the defconfig - I do remember that I
had some fun and games with rtc drivers not getting built on x86 in
the past few months.

ĸen