[Clfs-dev] CLFS Embedded

Neil Bradley neil.bradley at windowslive.com
Sat Oct 19 19:50:51 PDT 2013

Hi Andrew,

Iptables is very useful, as is libnl & hostapd if you want your device to be a hotspot. This is functionality I will need in the near future, but I was okay with not installing these at the current stage. There might be a good chance the enthusiast would appreciate this kind of configurability. Is there a suitable alternative, or perhaps this belongs in CBLFS instead?

Regarding e2fsprogs & dropbear...
I haven't tested with the latest dropbear, I'll rebuild later this week, but the situation was thus:

I'm targeting ARM1176; the version of dropbear previously used had configuration scripts (config.guess and config.sub) dating from 2007, which don't support the architecture. I updated those scripts  to the latest versions from Savannah. I haven't tested with the new dropbear.

I'm not quite sure where the issue with e2fsprogs came in; I surmised that it was due to the target arch not having an unsigned 64-bit type. It's only used in 1 small section of ext2fs/unix_io.c that is for very large filesystems - but rather than just commenting it out, I rewrote it using an unsigned 32-bit type that the ARM supported.

lib/ext2fs/unix_io.c: 933 - 940:

#ifdef BLKDISCARD
        __uint64_t range[2];

        range[0] = (__uint64_t)(block) * channel->block_size;
        range[1] = (__uint64_t)(count) * channel->block_size;

        ret = ioctl(data->dev, BLKDISCARD, &range);
#else

Cheers, Neil