[Clfs-dev] Arm port ?

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Thu Nov 21 06:06:26 PST 2013

On 11/20/13 17:41, William Harrington wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2013, at 4:24 PM, narutocanada blender wrote:
>
>> I've only changed the following:
>> export ARCH=arm
>> export BUILD64="-mabi=aapcs-linux -mfloat-abi=soft"
>> export GCCEXTRACONFIG="--with-float=soft"
>
> There's no arm port because of lack of testing.
>
> ARM is even more complicated than MIPS. There are multiple targets for
> ARM and there is soft float and hard float and probably a combination.
> It' s not cut and dry to add to the main cross-lfs book. If someone can
> give all of the options for build flags and for target and build for
> most arm options, then maybe. I don't have arm hardware to test.  Your
> configuration may work, but not for all arm devices. Arm isn't for the
> weak.

The vast number of combinations are fairly well documented for 32 bit
ARM in embedded [1].  Granted, this is for musl toolchains and not
glibc-based, but the floating point and arch portions are the same
regardless of libc choice.

[1]: http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/arm/cross-tools/variables.html

GCC defaults to aapcs-linux for EABI now, OABI is basically dead I'm told.

-Andrew