[Clfs-dev] Util Linux 2.24 and multilib

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Nov 9 03:04:33 PST 2013

Looks like "Reply" does not automatically do "reply to list", so the message
below was only sent to William...

Le 08/11/2013 23:41, William Harrington a écrit :

> On Nov 8, 2013, at 2:28 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>> The (not really evident at first sight) proper fix is to add --with-sysroot
>> to binutils configure. It is not documented in top configure, but in ld's
>> configure.
>
> Okay I built binutils in temp-system using --with-sysroot  and
> --with-sysroot=${CLFS} and still no change.
>
> Still the same problem.
>
> The only way I can get it to pass is adding -lpthread or remove -lrt from
> dmesg_LDADD.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

The problem comes from cross-tools binutils: when building util-linux, you are
still using it... (took me ages to figure that out:-\)
Then, in current git (20131025), it has --with-lib-path=/tools/lib, which is
not enough for multilib: it should have --with-lib-path=/tools/lib64:/tools/lib

Rebuilding binutils with this flag allows libpthread to be found.

Note that --with-lib-path is only usefull in this case, when a shared library
automatically includes another one. Otherwise gcc takes care of the library
paths by passing -L flags.

Regards
Pierre