[Clfs-dev] Reply-To: header for list mails?

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Thu Nov 7 05:30:13 PST 2013

Why does the list mail server insert "Reply-To:" headers into outgoing
mails to the list?

My gripe with this is if I Reply All and my mail client respects the
"Reply To:" header (as Thunderbird does), my reply by default will only
go to the list and not CC the original sender.  This is OK if everyone
who mails the list is subscribed but that's not always the case.  Many
people, myself included, also have server-side rules to not file into
folders mails where they are in the To: or CC: header such that replies
to emails get seen quicker.

I'd send this to the admin of the list, except on [1] the mailto: and
the html displayed addresses don't match but I figure the right people
are subscribed to -dev.