[Clfs-dev] CLFS DEV 2.x updates

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon May 27 16:20:19 PDT 2013

Greetings fellow CLFS builders,

I'm updating a vast amount of packages. I do have some concerns:

1)  Man-DB  What is the community input on moving to man-db? I'm for it
as it can use xz compressed man pages out of the box and deals with utf8
well, as far as I know.

2) Disabling static libs during the whole build. Should we be disabling
static libs throughout the whole build process, especially in the final
system? Others I chat with in our IRC channel and who build distros and
I, myself remove the static libs or disable the building of static libs.
They are nice to have around when you want to build something static.

3) I haven't included the ppl patch for when using gmp 5.1.x:  Use this
patch till I get it proper and the dev book updated.

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/ppl-0.12.1-gmp_fixes-1.patch