[Clfs-dev] Powerpc 64bit

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed May 8 14:18:27 PDT 2013

Greetings all,

For 2.1.0 I'd like to get a pure PPC 64 bit book going there. It may
be useful for Xservers. I've had best luck with 64 bit kernels and 32
bit user space with PPC64 systems rather than the whole build being 64
bit. Anyway, I wanted to do this a few years ago but never finished it
and I had a working ppc64 pure64 book but didn't have the time to
integrate it with our current build system. I'm going to do it all
over again as I now have one of the awesome iMac G5 20" with iSight
systems. I had a Dual G5 2.5GHz system before, which was awesome, but
too high maintenance cause of the disgusting cooling system.