[Clfs-dev] Eudev

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Jun 6 16:33:40 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Andrew Bradford wrote:

> Can you elaborate as to why systemd isn't desired?

I chatted with our release manager, Jonathan Norman, and I"m not sure
what he wants to do. I explained that systemd would be a big step and
maybe for the next major release. Lots of changes would occur, and
then going through cblfs. When moving to cblfs, there will be two
different clfs builds out there. Those using udev, those using
systemd. It will be a bit of work, and if you look at the history of
the last year and a half of the number of people moving this project
along, that would not look pretty.

It could work, it will take a bit more time.