[Clfs-dev] Optional packages for graphite

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Jul 28 20:52:46 PDT 2013

On Jul 26, 2013, at 5:22 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

> but i suspect it will become a necessary dependency rather than
> optional  at some stage
>
> it might be prudent to keep it in the build just to be up to speed
> if there is a change but no hard feeling whether is should be in or
> out
>
> Martin

Since it is in cross-tools, some added configure options need to be
added. I was successfully using graphite optimizations after gcc-final
in cross-tools.

--disable-isl-version-check --with-isl=/cross-tools --with-cloog=/
cross-tools

Graphite has been around for a while, since before gcc 4.5. I'm not
sure where most of any problems would stem, other than from improper
versions. Version matching seems to be a key, as well.

As I've said before in the past, I used graphite with gcc 4.7.3
without issues, but with 4.8.1 I would have quite a few segmentation
faults, even early in the build with ncurses and readline, and if
those were built with graphite options, it would cause any app linking
against those to segfault.

I'm doing more tests with gcc 4.8.1.

Thanks for your input, Martin.