[Clfs-dev] Embedded with EGLIBC - Testers Wanted

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Wed Jul 17 05:22:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013, at 12:49 AM, William Harrington wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2013, at 7:15 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
>
> > I'll be doing some testing real soon now.
>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Was helping today and later tonight I attempted gcc build and I think
> something is going awry with sysroot option and gcc.
>
> During the build I'll get a message stating a directory for headers is
> required but not created, or some such.
>
> /mnt/clfs/mnt/clfs/cross-tools/include
>
> I remove the sysroot configure and it can't find fenv.h when I use --
> with-native-system-headers-dir=${CLFS}/cross-tools/include
>
> and in fact fenv.h is in /mnt/clfs/cross-tools/include
>
> So I'm wondering what we are going to do with gcc.
>
> Are we going to need to create a /cross-tools symlink?

I hope not...  Let me try to get to that point and see what's going on.

In my armv7-a build I'm hitting somehow that __ARM_PCS_VFP isn't defined
so gcc is trying to find soft float headers which don't exist as I'm
building for a hard float target.  Odd...  I'm also using the
--with-native-header-dir=${CLFS}/cross-tools/include.  When I get past
this I'm sure I'll hit your spot.

As a side note, would it be worth just putting all the libs and headers
into ${CLFS}/cross-tools and just statically linking everything for the
target?  glibc is quite big and if the goal is just busybox with a few
extras it might be smaller to just statically link.  Probably worth some
testing.

Thanks,
Andrew