[Clfs-dev] Linux 3.10

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jul 22 11:58:03 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I'm looking to add bc to the book and linux 3.10.

Bc is now used instead of perl for generating timeconst.h since linux
3.9.

The boot method will require Bc from the host. Otherwise, we can build
Bc and toss it into cross-tools.

Host system requirements would need to reflect Bc if we don't put it
into cross-tools.

Bc will not be required on the host when using the chroot method, but
it will be required when using the boot method.
Bc will not be required on the host when Bc is in cross-tools and
using the boot method.

Any input on which way would be best? Personally, not needing to deal
much with the host system would be nice. Do most distributions install
Bc by default? Or do users go out of their way to install Bc?