[Clfs-dev] [Clfs-support] Systemd

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Dec 11 08:33:51 PST 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> Perhaps the book/process could be rearranged  like so, as not every
> one will like systemd

There are still lots of people who are weary about moving to systemd.
So that is good. Even if CLFS moves to systemd, there can always be a
hint or people can look at previous versions to see about sysvinit and
eudev. Those don't change much so it wouldn't be too difficult to skip
the systemd. Can also use the bootscripts as of late with no issues.

Systemd makes some things much easier, and as far as your experience
in getting to the final system, even when using the boot method, can
take some work. I don't know when I'll get around to updating the
systemd branch, it is very old as it was merged master/origin in 2010.
I can merg master to that branch, but there are TONS of issues that
have to be made. I may end up merging a fresh master into systemd
branch and work from there. We'll see how it goes.

I did do a replay and rebase systemd from master, which worked a bit
better, but still quite a bit of changes. I think I had to work out 2
issues going that route.

Any git gurus care to comment on the best way to do this?