[Clfs-dev] Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Version GIT-20130815-x86_64-Pure64 Notes

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 19 11:22:52 PDT 2013

Hi

Another run through mostly looking good.

1. Hard coded M4 in Bison and Flex
M4=m4 prepended to the configure commands in 6.13 and 6.19, certainly
solves the problem, do we want to do this in Installing Basic software
10.27 and 10.29 as well ?

2. 10.37 Bzip2
usually add an -fPIC to the Makefile for the non-shared install as I
have problems with stuff linking to it in other packages

3. 10.5 kernel headers
Linux headers is missing a make mrproper ?

4. 10.50 xz-utils

Should this have a libdir=/lib added to the configure line, other wise
no point in the setting of pkgconfigdir=/usr/lib/pkgconfig in the
install command

Those are the ones i've found so far

cheers

Martin