[Clfs-dev] Latest CLFS Build Notes Pure64 08-08-2013

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Aug 16 08:55:37 PDT 2013

On Aug 12, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> 10.27.1
>
> Bison 2.7.1, still need ac_cv_prog_lex_is_flex=yes on the command
> line other wise it won't configure
> Bison 3.0 is even worse, not only that, couldn't get it to cross-
> compile, seems to run an architecture dependant to get generate doc/
> help files, but also needs ac_cv_prog_lex_is_flex=yes to succeed,
> but complains about a hard coded m4 invocation(cross-tools) from
> flex(installed in tools) in generating some test files

Hello Martin,

I was looking at the bison mailing list and others are complaining
about the path to M4.

Not sure the best way to do it. It is hard coding to /cross-tools/bin/
m4 at the moment, which won't be available in chroot or temp-system,
and the target system may not be able to run it anyway.

Someone mentioned doing: M4="putstuffhere" ./configure ......

As it stands,  M4 will be defined in config.h as #define M4 "/cross-
tools/bin/m4"   for example.

Do the same thing for Flex if required.

As far as bison.help... that file is already there when extracting the
source, if we comment out:

$(top_srcdir)/doc/bison.help: src/bison$(EXEEXT)

Then it will not attempt to run src/bison (which causes problems for
those targets which can't run it as we are cross-compiling) to
regenerate bison.help.