[Clfs-dev] Embedded - cross compiling

Kirk Terrell knjterrell at mybluelight.com
Mon Aug 5 06:11:12 PDT 2013

When I tried to cross-compile aalib I had difficulty because configures
search paths for s-lang are hardwired -

>  AC_SLANG(/usr/include, slang.h, , -I/usr/include/slang , "slang on
> /usr/include")
>   AC_SLANG(/usr/include/slang, slang.h, , -I/usr/include/slang ,
> "slang on /usr/include/slang")
>   AC_SLANG(/usr/local/include, slang.h, , -I/usr/local/include/slang ,
> "slang on /usr/local/include")
>   AC_SLANG(/usr/local/include/slang, slang.h, ,
> -I/usr/local/include/slang , "slang on /usr/local/include/slang")

I was finally able to configure and make using fakechroot. I created the
following fakechroot environment:

> export
> FAKECHROOT_EXCLUDE_PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/home/home/kanj/elfsMain/sysBuild/clfs_armMusl
> fakechroot  chroot clfs_armMusl

FAKECHROOT has the advantage of not requiring root privilege, and you
can exclude directories. In this case /bin is the true /bin but
/usr/include/slang.h is actually $CLFS/usr/include/slang.h.

One has to exit this to do the actual install.

It worked I got a aafire that executed properly, but is there a better
way to handle this?