[Clfs-dev] Eudev

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sun Aug 4 18:51:10 PDT 2013

On May 31, 2013, at 8:27 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> Bvl in clfs-support has built eudev, but I want to know if this is a
> drop in replacement of Udev.

Jonathan okayed the move to Eudev so this is what I have so far for
the multilib boot method. I'm getting this going first as pure64 and
32 bit builds won't differ much from these and will only deal with lib
and not lib64:

http://hastebin.com/gaxihuciso.vhdl

I'm going through the boot method first as I want it going first and
I'm not to final system build, yet, and I'm updating a bunch of issues
with the boot method right now, which are mostly ironed out. I'm
phasing out udev, too.

You can see the configure I used, the resultant parts of the
configure, and then what it installs via the make command.

Does anyone see anything I may have missed? It should be similar with
how we do udev at the moment minus some configure options which aren't
valid with eudev and some variables which are needed for eudev during
the boot method while cross compiling.