[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 17:17:31 PDT 2012

On Sep 4, 2012, at 19:12 PM, William Harrington wrote:

> The boot scripts mount /dev/pts and our fstab has devpts in there
> so there will be an error when booting with mounting.
>
> Any ideas? remove the entry in fstab or in the bootscript?

Actually I am probably wrong. I'm using linux mint for a host for a
quick build when I was testing some changes and I didn't build my own
kernel and am using the linux mint 3.2.0-29-generic kernel and initrd.

Would the dev/pts already be mounted in this case?

I get:

mount: devpts already mounted or /dev/pts busy

Also our fstab has devtmpfs but some systems are configured to
autmount devtmpfs or not. We may need a way to check if devtmpfs is
already mounted even if it is in /etc/fstab. Maybe remove devtmpfs in
the kernel and have the bootscripts do it...... that'd make more sense.