[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 17:12:55 PDT 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> this is what i do
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/lib --bindir=/sbin --
> sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/lib  --disable-rule_generator --
> disable-introspection --disable-keymap --disable-gudev --with-usb-
> ids-path=no --with-pci-ids-path=no    --with-
> systemdsystemunitdir=no   --with-firmware-path=/lib/firmware
>
> move the pkg-config file to /usr/lib/
>
> ln -sfv /lib/udev/udevd /sbin/udevd

Martin,

I have applied your patch and kept /lib/udev/udevd in the script but
changed the rest.

Some notes:

New Udev configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr \
   --sysconfdir=/etc --with-rootprefix="" \
   --libexecdir=/lib --bindir=/sbin \
   --with-usb-ids-path=no --with-pci-ids-path=no \
   --enable-rule_generator --disable-introspection \
   --disable-keymap --disable-gudev

Best config I think.

As you can tell since I put libexecdir as /lib  the bootscripts will
remain at /lib/udev/udevd for now. I think it is all fine there.

An issue arises with how we make fstab and the bootscripts.

The boot scripts mount /dev/pts and our fstab has devpts in there so
there will be an error when booting with mounting.

Any ideas? remove the entry in fstab or in the bootscript?

Your patch helped a lot with this matter. Just ironing out some
issues. Your contributions are appreciated.