[Clfs-dev] Download utility for final system

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 19:47:44 PDT 2012

Greetings All,

An issue we need to discuss.

In the final system we do not have an ftp client (which can be used
to ftp to a server to get curl or wget or whatever other utility to
download packages for cblfs).

We can do two things here:

get rid of iputils and install inetutils, which we dropped as it
wasn't being maintained and is now.

build wget in final-system without openssl support (people can grab
openssl after final system then rebuild wget with openssl support)

curl is another option,however, wget is enough.

I'd like input into this as we have no client ftp or http to download
packages with a minimal build which needs something to download
packages for going beyond CLFS.

Sincerely,

Wiliam Harringotn