[Clfs-dev] coreutils-8.20 failed build

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Nov 3 07:56:02 PDT 2012

On Nov 3, 2012, at 8:03 AM, wen heping wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   coreutils-8.19 could build well at the same machine.
>
>  I know somebody reported this cross-build bugs to upstream,currently
> upstream did not offer a patch for it.
> Do you have a patch for it ?
>
> Regards,
> wen
>
> 2012/11/2 wen heping <wenheping at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I am making a clfs for MIPS64-Pure64 but failed in building
>> coreutils-8.20, below is the build log:

>>  GEN    src/primes.h
>> /bin/bash: src/make-prime-list: No such file or directory
>> make: *** [src/primes.h] Error 127
>>

>>   Any suggestions ?
>>   Thanks in advance.
>>
>> wen

You actually get No such file or directory, my builds build make-prime-
list but cannot run them as they are built to be ran with the target
machine. (I'm doing x86_64 to ppc).

Yeah 8.19 does fine. 8.20 has some changes where the programs to not
be installed, but are generated for use with the test suites are built
using the target compiler and not the host compiler so the host system
cannot run them when generating lists.

There is a bug url you can track and it was posted in the clfs-dev
list. Post your emails to the clfs-dev list and not directly to me.