[Clfs-dev] HELP ME: issue about arm cross toolchain (cannot find gmp.so, mpfr.so...)

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Thu May 24 06:56:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, 24 May 2012 07:52:51 -0500
DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On 05/24/2012 06:36 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:03:12 +0800lee sudo<desoxydate at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> But I find some cross toolchains (e.g. cross toolchain in android source
> >> code) could work well after change its path(anywhere).
>
> git
> clone|https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest||for the whole
> schebang, or dig a little deeper for only the toolchain, I believe
> platform/||prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-${GCC_VERSION}||.|

Thanks! I question Google's need for putting compiled gcc versions in a
git tree, but that's a separate debate :)

It looks like Google's Android gcc, so long as you move the entire
'prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/$ARCH' directory structure around as one
unit, is using relative paths for their GCC.  Their gcc, for example,
looks for libs in '../lib/gcc/$ARCH/$GCC_VERSION', relative to the gcc
binary.

If you build your GCC like Google does, you should get the same
effect.  CLFS doesn't have you do it the Google way, CLFS is more like
how Emdebian's cross compilers are built, with explicit paths to find
libs.  I don't know how to tell you how to do it the Google way, but
the GCC manuals should.

-Andrew