[Clfs-dev] HELP ME: issue about arm cross toolchain (cannot find gmp.so, mpfr.so...)

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Wed May 23 10:27:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, 23 May 2012 19:28:18 +0800
lee sudo <desoxydate at gmail.com> wrote:

> I built arm cross toolchain using the script in attachment. And finally
> succeed.
> But I moved the toolchain from the dir (it was) to another one, e.g.
> from "/home/sudolee/toolchain/cross_toolchain"
> to "/home/sudolee/".
> Then i compile my source code by new cross toolchain, but it cannot find
> some *.so, e.g. gmp.so mpfr.so cloog.so...

When you built the toolchain, you told it where to find the libraries
and everything else it needs (your $PREFIX and $PRO_ROOT variables it
looks like). Now you've moved the toolchain and the libraries, so it
can't find them anymore. Put it all back where it was when you built
the toolchain, then it should work.  Or, when compiling other sources,
you can tell each thing you are compiling where to find the libraries
(this may be easier said than done depending on the build system being
used).

To see this, if you run the gcc you built with the '-v' switch, it'll
tell you where it expects to find libraries.  Yours probably aren't
there anymore.  Put them back and it should be happy.

-Andrew