[Clfs-dev] Re Latest Pure x64 build

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sun May 6 05:28:49 PDT 2012

> Hi William
>
> For the last couple of builds , I have been using GCC-4.7.0 with an
> arch patch so it recognises  cloog-0.17 and isl-0.09. is working
> well so far, just tried ppl 0.12 as well, so far no problems, but I
> lack the courage and documentation to full utilise the graphite.
>  ops.
>

> For GCC-4.7.0 i had to redo the pure patches and used the following
> flags  --disable-build-with-cxx --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx
> --with-native-system-header-dir=/tools in building the cross
> compiler which got rid of the impure headers warning and enable me
> to delete the line where we adjust the start file include prefix
>
> However i had to disable stack smashing protection when
> constructing the final libc library in 10.7  other wise it wouldn't
> build
>

> Other problems encounted were when I upgraded to util-linux-2.21,
> as I use the boot method (cross compile from an earlier x86 build
> to pure x64), the login utils now have a PAM dependency , so i
> cheated and used the earlier versions copy, probably want to cross
> compile shadow, but I couldn't get it to work correctly.
>

> cheers
>
> Martin

For final libc if you want to use fstack-protector-all   first build
the libraries without that by adding build-programs=no in configrams,
then directly build again with build-programs removed and add your
CFLAGS for fstack-protector-all and whatever else.  That should work.
Worked for Robert back in the day with his hardening builds!

-William