[Clfs-dev] Re Latest Pure x64 build

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Tue May 1 02:38:20 PDT 2012

On 01/05/12 01:47, William Harrington wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2012, at 15:40 PM, Martin Ward wrote:

>>> Hello Martin.
>>> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-02/msg00224.html   Hmmmmm
>>> maybe we will rectify that, then. When we were talking about it, I
>>> may have asked Cosmo to do that when really we shouldn't be doing
>>> that. I was the one messing with cloog isl backend to get it into
>>> the book.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> William
>>>
>> Thanks, I  think the message was the one I saw as well, looks familiar!
>>
>> Incidentally, I build with a separate isl package available here
>> http://www.kotnet.org/~skimo/isl/
>>
>> martin
>
> Current cloog isl uses 0.08. Wouldn't be hard to use the latest isl.
> Also, ppl 0.12 will be well.  Also I build using cloog 0.17 and it has
> openscop, as well. What is lacking is the documentation in the CLFS
> build system to use them. For my builds I use  -floop-block
> -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -fgraphite-identity
> -floop-parallelize-all   We have a graphite toolchain but it isn't
> being utilized. MPFR 3.2 will be released soon, and the tree is
> looking well. Any comments about the next step to cloog 0.17 and ppl
> 0.12?
>
> -William

Hi William

For the last couple of builds , I have been using GCC-4.7.0 with an arch
patch so it recognises  cloog-0.17 and isl-0.09. is working well so far,
just tried ppl 0.12 as well, so far no problems, but I lack the courage
and documentation to full utilise the graphite.
  ops.

For GCC-4.7.0 i had to redo the pure patches and used the following
flags  --disable-build-with-cxx --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx
--with-native-system-header-dir=/tools in building the cross compiler
which got rid of the impure headers warning and enable me to delete the
line where we adjust the start file include prefix

However i had to disable stack smashing protection when constructing the
final libc library in 10.7  other wise it wouldn't build

Other problems encounted were when I upgraded to util-linux-2.21, as I
use the boot method (cross compile from an earlier x86 build to pure
x64), the login utils now have a PAM dependency , so i cheated and used
the earlier versions copy, probably want to cross compile shadow, but I
couldn't get it to work correctly.

cheers

Martin