[Clfs-dev] CLFS main book fixes (PPC64 mainly..)

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:23:36 PST 2012

I've been working my way through the PPC multilib build and found a
few problems.

A patch is attached with fixes.  Please apply it to the book:

1)  The PPC multilib (boot method) doesn't include a section which
adds the build flags (BUILD32 and such) to the root profile.   Without
those, the build on the target doesn't get very far. The patch adds
it..
2)  I think the PPC multilib configure of eglibc requires an addition
line "libc_cv_ppc_machine=yes" added to config.cache (that line is
present in the PPC32 book..).   The patch adds that.
3)  iputils (multilib) is missing 'rdisc' on the make command line.
The patch adds it.
4)  Fixes a typo.
5)  parted can be bumped up to the latest revision (3.0).   Parted 3.0
builds and functions properly.   The patch updates Parted to 3.0.

The only thing left that I had problems with was the build of
e2fsprogs in the boot method of PPC multilib.    I hope to have a fix
for that before too long.