[Clfs-dev] CLFS PPC yaboot package should be updated to 13.17

code monkey lfscodemonkey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:36:10 PST 2012

A couple of months ago, a CLFS user reported that the build of yaboot
failed.   I recently encountered the same problem.   This is with the
development version of the CLFS book.

The build works with the most recent version of yaboot (1.3.17).
 I did have to remove the -Werror flag from the yaboot Makefile since
it throws a warning during the compile but other than that, it builds
and the resulting yaboot binary works.

The existing yaboot package patch (for 1.3.14) applied to the 1.3.17
yaboot cleanly.

I've attached a CLFS book patch which updates the yaboot package to 1.3.17.