[Clfs-dev] Buglet on CLFS-EMBEDDED-GIT-0.0.1-20110514 book

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Aug 21 16:24:11 PDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 09:44 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:

> On Saturday 18 August 2012 10:58:36 Ron McDowell wrote:
>> In CLFS-EMBEDDED-GIT-0.0.1-20110514/arm/beyond-net/dropbear.html
>>

>> Last line of 14.4.1 reads
>>
>>      make install-sshd DESTDIR=${CLFS}
>>

>> The above does not work for me.  The below does, though.
>>
>>      make install-dropbear DESTDIR=${CLFS}
>
> I believe `make install-sshd` is correct.  It's the words before that
> which are confusing and should be fixed.
>
> You're supposed to execute that `make` command from within the
> bootscripts directory (either extracted tarball or from a git pull
> [1]).
> Don't execute it in the dropbear sources.  You're installing the CLFS
> bootscript for sshd (which is dropbear).
>
> [1]:http://git.cross-lfs.org/?p=bootscripts-embedded.git;a=summary
>
> Does that make sense?
> If so, how can we make the wording better in 14.4.1?

Been looking through it and it looks okay to me. Each time in the
beyond net section, if bootscripts are to be installed, the
instructions state to install the bootscripts from the clfs boot
scripts package.

And here: http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/x86/bootscripts/
bootscripts.html  states to keep the clfs bootscripts package
extracted as it may need to be used later....

Not sure how we can make it clearer. We won't add a separate command
to extract the clfs bootscripts again, the text before the command
clearly state that the command to be executed deals with the clfs
bootscripts.