[Clfs-dev] Buglet on CLFS-EMBEDDED-GIT-0.0.1-20110514 book

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Tue Aug 21 07:44:00 PDT 2012

On Saturday 18 August 2012 10:58:36 Ron McDowell wrote:
> In CLFS-EMBEDDED-GIT-0.0.1-20110514/arm/beyond-net/dropbear.html
>

> Last line of 14.4.1 reads
>
>      make install-sshd DESTDIR=${CLFS}
>

> The above does not work for me.  The below does, though.
>
>      make install-dropbear DESTDIR=${CLFS}

I believe `make install-sshd` is correct.  It's the words before that
which are confusing and should be fixed.

You're supposed to execute that `make` command from within the
bootscripts directory (either extracted tarball or from a git pull [1]).
Don't execute it in the dropbear sources.  You're installing the CLFS
bootscript for sshd (which is dropbear).

[1]:http://git.cross-lfs.org/?p=bootscripts-embedded.git;a=summary

Does that make sense?
If so, how can we make the wording better in 14.4.1?

You would have already run a `make install` in the "Install the
package:" part (see "install" just before DESTDIR?).  But I believe you
need our sysvinit scripts, unless dropbear puts in a legit one for us (I
haven't checked).

-Andrew