[Clfs-dev] CLFS GIT PowerPC Boot Method

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Aug 11 09:24:56 PDT 2012

On Aug 11, 2012, at 08:34 AM, code monkey wrote:

> It is a glibc header bug.    It  was something that fixed in glibc a
> while (some years ago) back and then a subsequent checkin broke it
> again.
>
> My memory is fuzzy on it but it was related to:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2006-02/msg00014.html
>
> And I remember the fix was a simple change to the header file.    If
> you look at the history of that header file, you probably will figure
> it out.

Would this cause my issue to surface at all? We don't specify
anything when building gcc. Or is this unrelated?

--with-long-double-128
Specify if long double type should be 128-bit by default on selected
GNU/Linux architectures. If using --without-long-double-128, long
double will be by default 64-bit, the same as double type. When
neither of these configure options are used, the default will be 128-
bit long double when built against GNU C Library 2.4 and later, 64-
bit long double otherwise.