[Clfs-dev] CLFS GIT PowerPC Boot Method

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sat Aug 11 09:13:06 PDT 2012

On Aug 11, 2012, at 08:34 AM, code monkey wrote:

> It is a glibc header bug.    It  was something that fixed in glibc a
> while (some years ago) back and then a subsequent checkin broke it
> again.
>
> My memory is fuzzy on it but it was related to:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-hacker/2006-02/msg00014.html
>
> And I remember the fix was a simple change to the header file.    If
> you look at the history of that header file, you probably will figure
> it out.

I've tried a few things:

#if defined __USE_SVID || defined __USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED
#ifdef __USE_MISC
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt, ecvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt, fcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qgcvt, gcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt_r, ecvt_r)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt_r, fcvt_r)
#endif
# endif

A show stopper

#ifdef __USE_MISC
#if defined __USE_SVID || defined __USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt, ecvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt, fcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qgcvt, gcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt_r, ecvt_r)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt_r, fcvt_r)
# endif
#endif

A show stopper
/*
#if defined __USE_SVID || defined __USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED
#ifdef __USE_MISC
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt, ecvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt, fcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qgcvt, gcvt)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qecvt_r, ecvt_r)
__LDBL_REDIR1_DECL (qfcvt_r, fcvt_r)
#endif
# endif
*/

Commenting it out and it builds.

Maybe an issue with USE_SVID  or USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED   hmmmmmm

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington