[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 27 03:34:54 PDT 2012

Hi

Just had a look through the changes William has made to the
build(GIT-20120827), there a number of issues i would like to raise.

I use the Pure 64 build method

Although I have moved on to GCC-4.7.1 and eglibc-2.16, these are the
issues i came across a month or two ago, most are not related to the
tool chain upgrade

Chapter 7

7.4 Util-linux-2.21.2

The login-utils now requires PAM (see
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/v2.21/v2.21-ReleaseNotes),
so its a no go.
I suggest using shadow login utils, you can cross-compile shadow 4.1.5.1
by adding,

echo "ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes" > config.cache

and using

CC="${CC} ${BUILD64}" ./configure --prefix=/tools --build=${CLFS_HOST} --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --cache-file=config.cache

sed -i 's/groups$(EXEEXT) //' src/Makefile, to remove the groups program, if i remember correctly it doesn't build man-pages unless you tell it to

I had to set up some symlinks

ln -sv /tools/bin/login ${CLFS}/bin/login and the same with passwd

i added a symlink to /tools/etc/login.acess and login.defs as well

7.5 e2fsprogs

why use in the compile section

LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/tools/lib64", surely should beLDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/tools/lib", but i think its unnecessary

7.7 Kmod

again why--with-rootlibdir=/lib64, surely --with-rootlibdir=/lib

7.8 udev

if you change the kmod line you need to change KMOD_LIBS="-L${CLFS}/lib64 -lkmod" to KMOD_LIBS="-L/tools/lib -lkmod"

10.22 Coreutils

with the above changes, you would need a change in test suite

src/su dummy -c "make RUN_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes check" to su dummy -c "make RUN_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes check"

10.25 Bison 2.6.2

Any body had any problems with this, I had to move flex before bison, to get it to compile.
However I couldn't run either of the test suites, seems to be some kind of hard coded path related issue, but didn't affect anything else

regards

Martin Ward