[Clfs-dev] [Embedded] Pull Request

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:43:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 20:16 -0400, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But let me ask, in the future some of those sections are going to get
> > big. Both CBLFS and BLFS have the files needed for each package listed
> > on each page rather then in a manifest at the top of the section. Lets
> > say a section was to have 20 packages in it, and you were only going to
> > install one, say iptables. Would it make more sense to have the download
> > locations listed on each page?
>
> That's a good idea.  I'll look into doing that.
> Also, right now, all packages for both the core book and beyond are
> all listed in packages.ent.  That may not be the best way for similar
> reasons.  There should probably be a packages.ent-type file for each
> beyond directory.
Historically packages.ent was a complete listing of everything in the
book. It certainly made package updates easier as you could keep the
file open in your editor and make little tweaks here and there. Rather
then having about 5 separate ones. I don't have an issue either way.

> I'd also like to have something that defines what the dependencies are
> for packages.
Take a look at the appendices/dependencies/{common,arm,mips,x86}.xml
files. This information should still be correct. That information used
to be included on to the top of each page. I don't remember why we
dropped it, it was a long long time ago. But it can certainly be
implemented again.

I've been keeping dependencies in mind while working on that
style-sheet. Would be nice to build that into there as well.

--
Joe Ciccone