[Clfs-dev] [Embedded] Pull Request

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:16:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:
> But let me ask, in the future some of those sections are going to get
> big. Both CBLFS and BLFS have the files needed for each package listed
> on each page rather then in a manifest at the top of the section. Lets
> say a section was to have 20 packages in it, and you were only going to
> install one, say iptables. Would it make more sense to have the download
> locations listed on each page?

That's a good idea.  I'll look into doing that.
Also, right now, all packages for both the core book and beyond are
all listed in packages.ent.  That may not be the best way for similar
reasons.  There should probably be a packages.ent-type file for each
beyond directory.

I'd also like to have something that defines what the dependencies are
for packages.

-Andrew