[Clfs-dev] E2fsprogs in chapter 7.5 - Can't find libblkid

Andrew dryvin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:39:05 PDT 2010

So it appears that with the configuration of E2fsprogs as related in
the book at 7.5, it's not actually looking for the correct libraries
in /tools.  Even after removing --disable-libblkid and allowing
E2fsprogs to configure with it's own built in libblkid, the make fails
because it can't find libpthread.so.0 which is available in both
/tools/lib and /tools/lib64.  So there is something that is not
correctly configured at that point of the install.

Any suggestions on how to proceed as suggested?  This isn't my first
time making LFS or even CLFS, but I've always chrooted in the past
which my current host won't allow me to do.  I'm a regular Linux user,
but I don't really know much at all about E2fsprogs or its interaction
with the system at boot so I'm not really sure how to just skip it as
code monkey has done.