[Clfs-dev] E2fsprogs in chapter 7.5 - Can't find libblkid

Andrew dryvin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:36:54 PDT 2010

Building [SVN-20100828-x86_64-Multilib] and I'm running into issues
building E2fsprogs in chapter 7.5. Planning to boot to finish the
installation.

Configure fails with:

checking for blkid_get_cache in -lblkid... no
configure: error: external blkid library not found

I followed the steps in the book exactly, even copying and pasting to
insure accuracy. Util-linux-ng installs with no issues and the
/tools/lib64.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I can leave out the
--disable-libblkid in the configure and it completes successfully, but
I don't know anything about these libraries to know if what's included
with E2fsprogs is sufficient to continue instead of using the ones
with Util-linux-ng.
Any guidance would be appreciated.