[Clfs-dev] Building Multi-lib With More Recent Packages

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sun Jul 4 17:08:47 PDT 2010

Although I built a multi-lib last year using the svn version, I didn't
go very far with any CBLFS packages.  I decided it was time for another
build and noticed that some of the packages in SVN aren't as recent as
some I've been using.  A good example is GRUB.

I would be happy to try to build newer packages--like the ones in LFS
SVN--and post relative success to this list.  I can follow directions
really well and muddle through a makefile to find problems.  Is there
anything to testing these packages other than getting them to build?  Do
you have a hint or a HOWTO on testing these packages.  Like I said, I'd
be more than happy to do this.  I just don't know what the definition of
"successfully tested" is.

Thanks,
Dan