[Clfs-dev] CLFS-TRUNK-SVN-20100103‏ and beyond...‏

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:15:49 PDT 2010

2010/4/27 db m <myheadblewoff at hotmail.com>:

> *CBLFS* -- if, for whatever reason, you follow the book and install qt3 in /usr and qt4
> in /opt, as part of the KDE4 build process you need to compile Automoc4 -- this package
> will search $PATH looking for qmake and of course the first one it finds will be /usr/bin/qmake....
> ..not /opt/qt4/bin/qmake as required...
>
> There's likely a work-around for that, but my query here regards KDE4 versus KDE3 -- when
> do we consider qt4/kde4 'mainstream' enough so as to deprecate qt3/kde3 in CBLFS?....ie;
> qt4/kde4 in /usr and qt3/kde3 in /opt? Just curious...
>
> Any advice on the udev (gudev) stuff greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers!

 It's no so much that kde4 is mainstream, as that kde3 is now probably
unmaintained.

 However, kde4 is so over the top (a plain nasty build system, and
generally requiring
"everything, and then a bit more" in the dependencies) that most
people don't bother.

 Presumably, in a wiki the stale pages can just wither on the vine.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"