[Clfs-dev] CLFS-TRUNK-SVN-20100103‏ and beyond...‏

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 03:46:31 PDT 2010

Hi again...

Here's a the few things I've noticed afterwards while doing CBLFS...

...the configure error in kde3-libs-3.5.10 was due (in part) to autoconf-2.64
which had dropped the AH_CHECK_HEADERS macro. This macro was reinstated in
autoconf-2.65...perhaps this target should be incremented to 2.65 in <subject> book?

..much later on in CBLFS @ Network-Manager.8.0 the link to the patch does not exist.
This much isn't so bad...(I reworked the existing patch to suit)...what *is* troublesome
is that Network-Manager.8.0 has a dependency for gudev-1.0 ; afaict the gudev library
only appeared in Udev-1.51 and greater, so one would either need to drop back to the
Network-Manager.7.x tarball...or...the udev version incremented in the <subject> book.
The latter approach is problematic -- you need glib-2 (and g-object) installed to satisfy
udev's deps to allow gudev library to build....anyone figured out a plan of attack here??
I've blown it all away and will start from scratch again..(I'd like to put any ideas here
to test during the pending rebuild)...

*CBLFS* -- if, for whatever reason, you follow the book and install qt3 in /usr and qt4
in /opt, as part of the KDE4 build process you need to compile Automoc4 -- this package
will search $PATH looking for qmake and of course the first one it finds will be /usr/bin/qmake....
..not /opt/qt4/bin/qmake as required...

There's likely a work-around for that, but my query here regards KDE4 versus KDE3 -- when
do we consider qt4/kde4 'mainstream' enough so as to deprecate qt3/kde3 in CBLFS?....ie;
qt4/kde4 in /usr and qt3/kde3 in /opt? Just curious...

Any advice on the udev (gudev) stuff greatly appreciated.

Cheers!