[Clfs-dev] Meander move almost complete

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:25:02 PST 2009

Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> We are getting close to being finished with our move to meander. The
> only known issues I'm aware of:
>
> 1. Mail system is not setup.
> 2. git, no idea. Joe, what needs to be done for git? I setup
> git-daemon, copied over /root/gitmosis-admin and /srv/git. Looks like
> git.cross-lfs.org was eaten by quandary corruption, so that may need
> re-setting up. :(
Git is all setup again. As well as git.cross-lfs.org. The mail setup not
being finished is holding me back from finishing this. I am setting up
the mailing hooks for the git repos but I unfortunately can't test this
until sendmail is avaiable.

If anyone makes a push to the git repo you will see a message that says:

/usr/share/git-core/contrib/hooks/post-receive-email: line 643:
/usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory
error: cannot run hooks/post-receive: No such file or directory

Please ignore this message, you're push is successful if you see
something along the lines of this on the bottom.
To ssh://git@git.cross-lfs.org/test.git
6e1846b..6ce5291 master -> master

I also changed the way the mailing hooks work between this setup and
what was on quandary before the corruption.

Justin, can you let me know via Email/IRC when sendmail is installed so
I can verify that the post-receive commit hooks work?